Cellular respiration is the process of taking Oxygen and Glucose and turning it into ATP, energy for the body. In this lecture, that is the topic I deal with. It’s important to understand this process in order to understand how the body functions, because in order to do everything you do, energy is needed. This is different from the process of Photosynthesis in Plants because, unlike plants, we cannot produce our own energy from the energy obtained from the Sun.
This is part Chapter 9 in the textbook Biology: The Dynamics of Life, which is the chapter on Energy of the Cell.
- What is Cellular Respiration?
- The three stages of Cellular Respiration
- The two Phases of Photosynthesis
Latest posts by Leslie Samuel (see all)
- Peripheral Resistance and Blood Flow - June 10, 2014
- Blood Pressure Regulation and Causes of High Blood Pressure - June 2, 2014
- An Introduction To Cardiovascular Disorders - May 26, 2014